molly&conan

molly&conan

Monday, February 22, 2010

Goodbye Gia

Its monday afternoon now. I brought my camera to work today thinking that i could visit Gia at the clinic and take some photos of her before heading home. Well that's not going to happen. The only thing i'll be doing at the clinic today is settling the bill. Gia is dead. She passed away this morning. Dr L called me a couple of hours of ago and told me. When my mobile rang and i saw it was the clinic calling, i had this stupid hope that they were going to tell me that she was awake and alert and asking for food. Well that was hopeful and stupid. Why would she have woken up today when she hasn't shown any sign of waking up since saturday?

I only have the photos i took of her friday night. She was facing away from me. I didn't want to disturb her slumber so I have no photos of her little face. If i knew she wasn't going to make it anyway I would've tried harder to get good shots. Sorry Gia. I suck.

I guess it was just too little too late for this poor baby. She was too weak. Could we have done better? Is there anything I should have done that first night I brought her home? What did I miss? Maybe I should've tried to get more food and more water into her. She was only 400 grams and 2 months old.. Luna and Rajah are also 2 months old, and they weigh almost 1 kilogram each. Argh i can't think about this right now. I will have two more fosters by the end of the day. The last two of the Sri Murni Ferals.. Stubbs and Runty.


3 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Gia did not make it. Please don't second guess yourself, or wonder what you could have done differently. You did exactly the right thing, which was to care about Gia and her well-being. Thank you and bless you for that.

Kari in Alaska said...

Oh I am so sad to hear about her. Take solace in the fact that you did all that you could for her.

Everycat said...

I am so sorry that little Gia did not make it. You did all you could to help her, but sometimes, these little ones are so weak they cannot be helped. Thank you for trying. Before she left this world she knew kindness and compassion. All animals should know those two things, because of you, little Gia knew them too.