molly&conan

molly&conan

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Rest In Peace Reve Moine

Yesterday, I received the shocking news from my friend NT that fellow SPCA Selangor volunteer Reve Moine has passed away. I didn't know Reve well. In fact I only met her a few times and saw her around the shelter. We've probably exchanged less than 20 words. But I have always known about her love for animals and her dedication to them. Her commitment to animal welfare is incomparable. She was a warrior. She spoke out, she fought for the animals, and she gave them her time, all of it. Reve was a permanent full-time volunteer. When I say permanent i mean permanent. She was at the shelter all day, every single day for years. She asked for nothing in return. She was there just for the animals.

Reve I wish I had known you better. I wish I knew you like the others from the shelter did. I should've spent more time volunteering at the shelter instead of just the outreach events outside.. I missed out but have always respected and admired you. I hope we find out what happened. I hope the bastards are brought to justice. Rest in peace dear lady. There will never be another person like you. I hope we make you proud as we continue to work for the animals.

My condolences and prayers go out to your friends and family.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/7/3/nation/6601351&sec=nation

3 comments:

Bobby said...

WE ARE SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT REVE, I DO HOPE THEY FIND WHO DID THIS DREADFUL THING. SHE DOES SOUND LIKE A WONDERFUL PERSON.
WE TOO SEND OUR THOUGHTS OUT TO HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

~CovertOperations78~ said...

I miss Reve so much. She was a wonderful, passionate, feisty, eccentric and utterly courageous person. Her heart was big enough for all the animals, needy children and homeless waifs of the world. Reve sticks her neck out where others shrink in fear. She will be an asset to Heaven now.

Angel said...

Although we spent less than a day together, but i felt like we have known each other for years. Reve really is a wonderful and amazing lady. Its like whoever who knew her would really get inspired by her love and care for the animals. I'm quite sure that the dogs can feel her to. I just read the article about her dreadful death on the paper just now and i totally gave in a 110% to hold a memorial day for her. I'm sure the animals will miss her too. I too send my condolences to her family. Rest in peace, Reve.