molly&conan

molly&conan

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Eenie, Meanie, Miney, & Moe

No time to recover from the weekend's loss of Smidge, Smudge, and Bob although I must admit I did spend pretty much all of Monday night crying over them. Yesterday I started my latest adventure in fostering with Eenie, Meanie, Miney, & Moe. These four little felines are tiny. Their eyes aren't open yet and a couple of them still have a little dried-up umbilical cord attached. They seem to be in better shape than Smidge and Smudge were when they came to me, but I'm afraid to be too hopeful and optimistic. I'm trying very hard to be objective and care for them without investing too much of my own heart in them. I don't want to end up a miserable sobbing heap of snot and tears again. I haven't even taken any photos of them although they look ADORABLE all curled up together in a pile of warm kitteny cuteness. I don't want to jinx them by immortalizing them in film.. not taking any chances! no matter how silly i may seem.

I'm using two different brands of KMR for this litter because they don't all like the same one. Picky.. They are slowly getting used to syringe feeding although some seem more comfortable with this than others.. Eenie, Meanie, and Miney are all grey tabbies. They look almost exactly the same except for the tiniest distinguishing features. Eenie a.ka. Big Pink has a big pink patch on his/her front left paw. Meanie a.k.a. Small Pink is INSANELY noisy and fussy and has a tiny pink patch on his/her front left paw. Miney only has about half the length of a normal tail. Moe is the only marmalade tabby of the litter, and because of his coloring, I'm pretty sure he's male. I remember reading somewhere that marmalade kitties are usually male. I've decided to change the spelling of Meenie to Meanie because he/she is so mean to me :)

I'm exhausted from the constant feeding, crying, making them "go" number 1 and number 2. Meanie always cries shortly after falling asleep and this wakes up the entire litter again and again..... and again. I have to keep repeating the process of putting them to bed just to get an hour of peace and quiet... argh. My eyes are burning today from lack of sleep. I feel like sheeeeeeet...

5 comments:

ManekiNeko said...

Like the previous 3 kittens, these 4 are blessed to have made their way into your home. It sounds like Meanie, at least, has a fighting nature. :-) Wishing you better luck with this crew, abundant strength if it doesn't happen, and most of all, some good sleep!

Kristine said...

I hope you get some sleep soon! That is a lot of work you have on your plate.

ForPetsSake said...

Twinkle, twinkle, little star....hope that helps (just don't use my voice, or you'll be wishing for your happy place!)

meowmeowmans said...

Thank you for jumping right back in to the fray. These babies sure are lucky to have you! (((purrs and prayers)))

Frodannah said...

Sending good wishes your way! My heart broke to read about the other kittens. That must be so awful, I can't even imagine. HUGS!