molly&conan

molly&conan

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tamago & Puppy Cola - Adopt an older dog ok?

Tamago and her Governator chew toy.
Tamago after a day out.
Tamago and Puppy Cola after the groomer's visit. I had all of Tamago's hair cut. Its so freaking hot in Malaysia and she hates having her hair brushed. She's unrecognizable as a shih-tzu now and soooo much neater and cleaner and she smells way better too.
Last photo I took of Pupsilly.
No idea what dog Tamago looks like now but I think she looks freaking adorable!! You should've seen the looks of horror some Shih-Tzu people gave me when I brought her to an SPCA event. First I was asked if she was a pug.. When I said no they were like oh my gawd... I guess they think the long hair makes the dog. Whatever! My pooch is a companion not an accessory and she's way more comfortable now.

Just wanna say that adopting an older dog is super!!! I adopted Tamago last year when she was about 8 years old so I guess she's 9 now. Everyone wants puppies because they're soooo super cute, playful, and adorable. Who doesn't love puppies? But realistically, who has the time for them? They're babies and require so much time and energy from their caregiver. So many people adopt puppies and then dump them when they get too big, or because they're too energetic, or they can't train them. If you're working full-time or perhaps you don't have as much space for a hyperactive pup, consider adopting an older dog. You'll still get the love and the loyalty, but in a calmer package. You can enjoy the companionship with less headache. Adult dogs that are abandoned pets are usually already housebroken, trained, past the age of teething and destructive chewing. Tamago is a perfect companion. Mellow like me :)

Puppy Cola went to her new home a couple of weeks ago and her name is Shadow now. She's about 4 years old and another example of why adopting an older dog is so awesome. Also, adult and older dogs need homes too. Please don't brush them aside.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Niceblog and the puppy is very cute !

LP said...

Wonderful to hear you adpoted Tamago!! We know she will have a wonderful life with you and be VERY loved.Yippee!!

the critters in The Cottage xo